UFO Buster Radio News – 372: New York Times Loving UFOs, Kecksburg Cancelled, and NASA Shakeup

Manny/ May 19, 2020/ From Manny

Will The New York Times Ever Stop Reporting on UFOs?
By far the weirdest thing about this story is that it keeps on showing up.
Link: https://www.wired.com/story/will-the-new-york-times-ever-stop-reporting-on-ufos/

IN DECEMBER 2017, The New York Times published a front page story about a ”shadowy” UFO Pentagon program that investigated encounters between Navy fighter pilots and mysterious, gravity-defying objects. Illustrated with several grainy cockpit videos posted to the Times’ website, the scoop was captivating. ABC News called it a “bombshell.” Brett Baier of Fox News said, “a lot of people are taking this revelation seriously.”

A lot of journalists, that is. Many news consumers did lap up the story like a new X-Files episode but nobody ran for the hills, and nobody in Congress called for hearings about the “revelation” and its seemingly huge implications for civilization. As one observer on Twitter noted: “I mean the New York Times literally just gave us proof of UFOs and the world didn’t skip a beat.”

The latest installment documents other “close encounters” between Navy pilots and “unidentified aerial vehicles” that date back to 2013 and 2014. The takeaway from this story and the others has been unmistakable: Some kind of unknown, super-advanced form of aviation technology is encroaching on US military air space and outmaneuvering top-gun pilots. If true, this would appear to expose an alarming national defense vulnerability.

To understand the Times’ sustained interest in UFOs requires an appreciation of Elizondo’s central role in its coverage. His willingness to resign from the Pentagon in 2017 and then reveal the existence and details of the UFO program he’d purportedly run, supplied the gravitas at the center of the initial Times account. Without him, it’s likely the story would not have gotten so much traction.

In appearances last year with Tucker Carlson, Elizondo said that he and the private company that now employs him were studying pieces of a possible extraterrestrial craft. Elizondo also told Carlson that he believed the US government was in possession of an actual UFO.

Kecksburg UFO Festival canceled
Link: https://www.latrobebulletinnews.com/covid19/kecksburg-ufo-festival-canceled/article_d9d4e589-c63a-5695-bb51-b1a4c2bc3751.html

The Kecksburg UFO Festival became the latest annual event to be put on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The festival, started up 14 years ago as a fundraiser for the Kecksburg Volunteer Fire Department and to commemorate the Dec. 9, 1965, event in which several area residents spotted an acorn-shaped unidentified flying object land near the Mount Pleasant Township village.

This year’s UFO Festival was scheduled for July 24-26, but uncertainties regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions on social gatherings prompted organizers to call off the event.

The 2021 festival is slated for July 23-25.

The Kecksburg UFO incident occurred on December 9, 1965, at Kecksburg, Pennsylvania, United States in North America, when a fireball was reported by citizens of six U.S. states and Canada over Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Canada.

The unidentified flying object that came down Dec. 9, 1965, they say, was a General Electric Mark 2 Re-entry Vehicle that had been launched by the Air Force as a spy satellite, but fell out of orbit.

NASA human spaceflight chief Doug Loverro resigns on eve of historic SpaceX launch
Link: https://www.space.com/nasa-human-spaceflight-chief-doug-loverro-resigns.html

Doug Loverro, NASA’s chief of human spaceflight, resigned from his post Monday (May 18) after less than a year on the job, the agency announced today (May 19).

Loverro’s resignation as Associate Administrator for NASA’s Human Exploration and Operations (HEO) Mission Directorate is a stunning development, as the agency counts down to the first orbital crew launch from U.S. soil in nearly a decade, which will take place on May 27.

Loverro’s former deputy, former NASA astronaut Ken Bowersox, has taken over HEO in an acting capacity and will therefore oversee Demo-2, the first crewed mission of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule. Demo-2, which will send NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the International Space Station (ISS), is scheduled to lift off atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Kennedy Space Center in Florida next week.

No crewed mission has launched to orbit from the United States since NASA retired its space shuttle fleet in 2011.

If all goes well with Demo-2, SpaceX will be clear to start flying operational missions to and from the orbiting lab for NASA. Elon Musk’s company holds a $2.6 billion contract with the agency’s Commercial Crew Program for six such operational flights.

Show Stuff

Join the fan chat on Discord!
Link: https://discord.gg/ZzJSrGP

The Dark Horde Podcast: https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-dark-horde
The Dark Horde, LLC – http://www.thedarkhorde.com
Twitter @DarkHorde or https://twitter.com/HordeDark

Support the podcast and shop @ http://shopthedarkhorde.com

UBR Truth Seekers Facebook

Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/216706068856746
UFO Buster Radio: https://www.facebook.com/UFOBusterRadio

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggl8-aPBDo7wXJQ43TiluA

To contact Manny: manny@ufobusterradio.com, or on Twitter @ufobusterradio

Call the show anytime at (972) 290-1329 and leave us a message with your point of view, UFO sighting, and ghostly experiences or join the discussion on www.ufobusterradio.com

For Skype Users: bosscrawler

Powered by WPeMatico

Share this Post